As part of the Acts of memory program, Rithy Panh, French-Cambodian film director and co-founder of the Bophana Center, selects 7 movies to be screened from 17 to 20 September at both the French Institute and Bophana Center.
Produced by Bophana Center and Cambodia Living Arts, in collaboration with Institut français du Cambodge, the Acts of memory program commemorates the 40th anniversary of the Khmer rouge takeover of Phnom Penh (1975-2005).
This event will also launch the inaugural opening of IFC’s new-state-of-the-art movie theater with digital cinema technology for audience comfort and enjoyment.
The “Carte Blanche to Rithy Panh” film series will run from Thursday 17, September to Sunday 20, September, 2015
There will be a launch event at Institut français du Cambodge in Phnom Penh on
Thursday, 17 September starting at 6:00pm for the inauguration of the new digital
theater. A cocktail reception will follow the post-show Q&A on the inaugural evening.
Thursday 17 September
• 6pm at IFC – La France est notre Patrie (Eng: France is Our Mother Country) – w/ intro and post-show Q & A by Rithy Panh & Anne-Laure Porée
Friday 18 September
• 6:30pm at Bophana Center – Salvador Allende – w/ intro and post-show Q & A by Rithy Panh & Anne-Laure Porée
• 7:30pm at IFC – The Act of Killing – w/ intro by Rithy Panh & Anne-Laure Porée
Saturday 19 September
• 10am at IFC – Salvador Allende
• 3pm at IFC – The Look of Silence
• 6:30 pm at Bophana – La France est notre Patrie w/ intro and post-show Q&A by Rithy Panh & Anne-Laure Porée
Sunday 20 September
• 10am at IFC – Secret Screening w/ intro and post-show Q &A by Rithy Panh & Anne-Laure Porée
• 3pm at IFC – The Missing Picture – w/intro and post-show Q &A by Rithy Panh & Anne-Laure Porée
• 6:30pm at Bophana – The Pinochet Case w/intro by Rithy Panh & Anne-Laure Porée