Position: 12th CIFF’s Communication officer
Bophana Center (ARPAA), not-for-profit local association, runs a project called Cambodia International Film Festival (CIFF). CIFF is Cambodia’s largest international film and cultural event. Initiated in 2010, it acts as a catalyst for the film sector initiative gathering more than 30,000 participants each year. CIFF also acts as a bridge between Cambodia and the world through the universal language of film and culture; CIFF also promotes the circulations of films within the region and promotes Cambodian productions.
We are now looking for a Cambodian national to join us as Communication officer for the 12th Cambodia International Film Festival from April 24, 2023 until June 9, 2023.
Duties and responsibility:
- ● To lead on developing CIFF’s marketing and communication strategies for 12th CIFF
- ● To develop and implement the CIFF communications campaign, including the production of relevant publicity materials, marketing collateral, online content, press releases, social media and e-newsletters in the support of audience development goals for CIFF
- ● To recruit, brief and manage relevant communications suppliers to support on deliver of festival campaign activity including PR, Design Agency, Documentation crew
- ● To develop an effective social media strategy for 12th CIFF
- ● To deliver and implement the onsite promotion and signage for CIFF including the distribution of materials with festival partners
- ● To lead on all digital and online platform development and management, providing editorial oversite, ensuring CIFF website and social medial channels are up to date with CIFF content
- ● To manage and develop the relationship with festival partners, press and media contacts, audience development and marketing partners, and external agencies
- ● To work closely with festival and touring partners to ensure that they have a positive experience and that their business needs are met in relation to communication opportunities through the effective delivery of agreed activity
- ● To manage CIFF’s contact databases including all mailing lists, ensuring they are up to date, and appropriately used considering relevant data protection legislation
- ● To lead on planning and delivery of hospitality events such as receptions and private or press views
- ● In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, take responsibility for ensuring that any communications activity is on budget, on time and on target
- ● To undertake other duties relevant to the role as may be required.
- ● At least 3-year experience in media, communications, public relations, or other relevant discipline
- ● Experience of working across partnerships or multi organization projects
- ● Well organized and able to deliver work on time
- ● Knowledge in digital storytelling
- ● Communication skills including team work, group discussion and conflict management
- ● Good command of Khmer and English Language (verbal and written)
- ● Multi-tasking ability, self-motivated/patient and work under pressure
- ● Computer literacy (word, excel, PowerPoint and social media …)
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be notified for the interview.
Deadline: April 17, 2023
ARPAA is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workplace, and encourages all candidates, respective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
ARPAA has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and ARPAA, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. ARPAA also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.