Position: Communication and Cultural Event Assistant
Bophana Audiovisual Resource Center, established in 2006, works on collecting, safeguarding the images and sounds of the Cambodian memory, providing public free access to this unique heritage; and training Cambodians in the audiovisual professions and Multimedia.
We are now looking for a Cambodian national to join us as Communication and Cultural Event Assistant.
Duties and responsibilities
• Assisting regular tasks in implementation of events in collaboration with other departments.
• Seek and organize cultural events to organize at the Bophana Center either physical or online event.
• Draft articles related to communication in Khmer, English when needed. The articles must be validated by the supervisor before publication.
• Translate English/Khmer text related to communication into Khmer/English.
• Upload officially validated texts and/or visual contents by Communication Officer on website and social media channels of the Bophana Center.
• Upload officially validated texts and/or visual contents by Communication Officer on Facebook with the frequency defined by the Center.
• Send newsletters with texts and/or visual contents validated by Communication Officer with the frequency defined by the Center.
• Check the E-mails sent to communication mailbox and report to adequate personnel accordingly.
• Update the Bophana Center’s contact lists and E-mailing lists in regular basis.
• Assisting Communication Officer in development of communication strategy and plan
• Assisting Communication Officer in general tasks in the field of communication for Bophana Center, including elaboration and creation of communication tools.
- Fresh graduated majoring in media, communications, public relations, or other relevant discipline
- Willingness to learn and ability to think creatively
- Well organized and able to deliver work on time
- Knowledge in digital storytelling
- Communication skills including team work, group discussion and conflict management
- Good command of Khmer Language (verbal and written)
- Able to communicate in English (verbal and written); French is a plus;
- Multi-tasking ability, self-motivated/patient and work under pressure
- Computer literacy (word, excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and social media …)
Interested candidates can send their CV with Cover Letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address #64, Street 200 (Okhna Men), Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be notified for the interview.
Deadline: June 18, 2021